Sunday, April 4, 2010

Easter Bread Καλό πάσχ!

Happy Easter!

Happy Easter! No way I am blogging on Easter, so in my very organized fashion, this is all set to go, sitting in draft awaiting the photos. And here they are!

Greek Easter Bread - Καλό πάσχ! - Happy Easter!
Χριστός ανέστη! Αληθώς ανέστη!

So The question is, Greek or Swiss? We traded a loaf of our traditional home baked Easter bread; Greek Tsoureki, for a loaf of our friends home braided Swiss Easter Bread. We are not Greek though my mom can double as Nana Mouskouri, we were raised on her music, my brother looks just like many fo the boys on Crete and I met my husband in Malia. Anyway I segway, we used the traditional onion skin dying method to dye the eggs red. Would the breads be the same? Different? They look the same, they taste different. Greek is sweet, Swiss is savory.. both delicious!

Swiss Easter Braid - Schöni Oschtere! - Happy Easter!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...