Wednesday, June 9, 2010

June Rhythm and Routine

If you have not followed this blog before these monthly planning pages lay out a general structure for each month in our home; including a theme and seasonal table, a way to wake, a table candle blessing, a couple of projects and a verse for going to sleep. These are our goals, the follow up varies from great to imperfect but having the plan helps it to happen and helps bring rhythm to our days! We just keep on trying :-)


June Festival / Theme
No festival. Its spring! School's out at the end of the month! Yipee / Yikes!

Seasonal Table - Spring
Let the children go to it - seashells, special rocks, braided grasses. Pick a handful of meadow flowers or clip a vase of garden blooms. Use any special school projects and anything you've collected in your spring box from over the years!


Breakfast Verse
Flame Fairy, our default breakfast candle lighting verse, for now. We learned this in preschool at Waldorf.

"Flame fairy will you come and light our candle bright, with your guiding light. Blessings on our meal today."

Waking Song
The Proclaimers - I'm Gonna Be (we changed man to one and we make up our own verses all over the place. This is a highly charged, boppy song, perfect for mornings. The children picked it, they love it; daddy may be sick of it by the end of the month :-)

"When I wake up yeah I know I'm gonna be, I'm gonna be the one who wakes up next to you
When I go out yeah I know I'm gonna be, I'm gonna be the one who goes along with you
But I would walk 500 miles and I would walk 500 more just to be the one who walked 1000 miles to fall down at your door.

When I'm working yes I know I'm gonna be.. When I come home yeah I know I'm gonna be.. When I'm lonely yes I know I'm gonna be.. When I'm dreaming yes I know I'm gonna dream.."

Find full lyrics on Google of You Tube, but if you don't know the song, you may want to pick another!


Bedtime Song or Verse
Request for 500 Miles by Peter, Paul and Mary 1962
"If you miss the train I'm on, you will know that I am gone, you can hear the whistle blow a hundred miles. A hundred miles, a hundred miles, a hundred miles, a hundred miles, you can hear the whistle blow a hundred miles."


June Project 1 Year End Teacher Gifts
As always it is such a busy spring We are going with one project as so many are due at school, not to mention all those year end shows in theater, ballet, track finals etc. Last month we thought about our teacher year end gifts (we make something simple each year, but we have to make a few so it takes time). We thought about rock paper weights with one of our sketches transferred onto the rock but that's as far as we got last month; so now we're on it, but not paper weights, rather sketches transferred to a marble tile, that's what we will try next week. We'll post the results, promise!

And please, do a sun dance would you?!

3 comments:

  1. hi! there is a surprise for you and your children on my blog!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow how cool is that - I will not peak until I have the children with me!

    and I have to mention, the 4th photo down is my daughters rendition of a bed crown she designed and we made when she was only 5 or 6 - it is made with a beautiful Thai wooden frame which we painted as per her idea and hung embroidered sheers (gathered and thumb tacked onto the frame of all things) from! Loved that little idea of hers!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That bed crown is absolutely stunning! I love it! Thanks for sharing. I wish I had girls!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...